There are so many evangelism opportunities with flatmates but building friendships with them is an essential part of these opportunities. Here are a few ideas for making friends with your flat.
1. Uni life can be as busy as you make it. While getting involved with different societies, church and CU is great, I think consciously making time to be in your flat is super important. Try to have afternoons/evenings in so that you can just chat, hang out and show them that you value spending time with them.
2. Mealtimes are great opportunities to chat with your housemates. If you have a communal space then I’d really recommend eating there. It’s a great opportunity to catch up on how your flatmates' days have been and I have had some great conversations about my faith over dinner.
3. I don’t know many people who don’t enjoy watching a film so why not suggest a movie evening. If you can’t pick a movie then maybe there’s a series you can get into or a sports match you can watch.
4. Perhaps think about suggesting a games night with your flat, I don't know of many university students who don't enjoy a game of cards, dobble, monopoly, or jungle speed! This makes a relaxed and enjoyable atmosphere to spend time with your flatmates and get to know them.
5. Lastly, there are loads of fun things to do and see in Oxford, why not find out if there’s something you can do together - Junkyard Golf in Westgate is always really fun!